September 14th, 2023, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Pacific Time (Thursday)
Join the session to learn more about how Master Data practitioners and innovators in Consumer Packaged Goods, Specialty Chemicals, Industrial Machinery, and High Tech industries are using cross-functional workflows and API-based integration to make comprehensive SAP Master Data Management Simple and Efficient.
- How to eliminate 90%+ non-value-added activity and to achieve 90%+ cycle time reduction for Materials Master Data Management
- Creating, updating, and obsoleting Material Master Data is considered a mission critical activity as it has a direct impact on time-to-market and many operational excellence processes. Unfortunately, we find Material Master Data Management to be one of the most time consuming and expensive process in many organizations.
- Connecting CRM Systems (Salesforce, Dynamics..) and SAP for synchronizing Customer Master Data and Pricing Information
- Synchronizing customer master data between different systems requires a flexible master data model as well as support for people involvement, decision-making, validation and governance rules. Workflow based approach is a better match for the requirement than Integration and data loading (ETL) approaches
- Extending Master Data and related workflows to the Supply Chain – Self-service Supplier Master Data Management
- For many organization Suppliers are a major source of master data, including Supplier Profiles, Supplier Parts, Manufacturer Parts, Purchase Info Record information, MRP related information. A Supplier portal based master data collaboration process is simpler, more efficient, and faster.
- Bringing Design/Engineering/Marketing closer to Supply Chain/Manufacturing by Connecting PLM (Windchill, Teamcenter, Agile…) processes and systems to SAP
- Design/Engineering/PLM systems are the primary source of Master Data for Materials, BOMs, Approved Supplier/Manufacturers, Routings, etc. Workflow based approach for connecting PLM systems to SAP offers flexibility, data enrichment, and governance needed to effectively support Master Data creation and updates in SAP
- Supporting Global, Regional, and Business-specific Master Data needs using flexible workflows
- Although master data domain models remain consistent, master workflows needed for different businesses and regions of a global organization are different. Flexible workflows that use common master data domain models are the answer.
- Varying levels of Material Master Data needed for Order-to-Cash, Source-to-Pay, and Plan-to-Produce business processes
- Material masters (FERT, ROH, ERSA...) that are used for different end-to-end business processes have different information needs and different workflows and cross-functional team involvement.
- Continuous Improvement of Master Data Quality by connecting Master Data health checks to initiate and automate corrections using workflows
- In an ideal state there would be 'zero' master data quality issues. Until then workflows that are initiated to address and correct master data quality issues are the ideal solution.